Autor Subiect: Mark Phelan:Sleek and smooth-handling Acura MDX could use more room...  (Citit de 8172 ori)

0 Membri și 1 Vizitator vizualizează acest subiect.

Offline tokyodream

• Global Moderator
  • Mesaje postate: 4.603
  • Gen: Bărbat
  • Acura-Honda
    • DAIMYO
Mark Phelan: Sleek and smooth-handling Acura MDX could use more room, better controls

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014302200027

The sleek three-star 2014 Acura MDX crossover combines responsive handling with an attractive interior, though a cramped rear seat makes its claim to hold seven passengers feel more like a threat than a promise.

“If you’re not good, I’m going to send you to the MDX’s backseat.” “No, Dad. I’ll finish my Brussels sprouts. I promise.”

The MDX crossover SUV is a mainstay of Acura’s model line. The new 2014 model is attractive and well-equipped. It competes with such luxury crossovers as the five-passenger Cadillac SRX, Lexus RX, Lincoln MKX and Mercedes-Benz ML350 and seven-seaters like the BMW X5, Land Rover LR4 and Infiniti QX 60. You probably know that last one as the Infiniti JX 35, unless your father made you memorize Infiniti’s confusing new model names because you didn’t eat all your asparagus.

Prices for the 2014 MDX start at $42,290 for a front-drive model. All-wheel drive raises the base to $44,290. All MDXs have a 290-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 and six-speed automatic transmission.

I tested a loaded MDX with all-wheel drive. It had adaptive cruise control, navigation, heated front and second-row seats, a backup camera, parking sensors and more. It stickered at $56,505.

That’s less than a similarly equipped X5, ML350 or LR4, about the same as a comparable QX 60 and slightly more than an equivalent SRX, MKX or RX. All prices exclude destination charges.

At 193.6 inches long with a 111.1-inch wheelbase, the MDX is among the smaller seven-seat crossover SUVs. That’s evident in its child-sized third row seat, which boasts a terrific one-touch system for entry and exit, but minimal leg and headroom. The cargo space behind the third row is also small.

The front two rows of seats offer loads of room, excellent comfort and appealing materials. My test vehicle had a soft and lovely dove-grey material swathing the dash and some of the best fake wood I’ve seen, a warm faux-rosewood.

The controls are less appealing. Where most upscale interiors use a single display or touch screen, Acura has two: a touch screen in the middle of the center stack and a display above it in the dashboard. Oddly, a dial and other controls below the touch screen control the display above the touch screen. The layout is less user-friendly than most competitors’, and the touch screen’s icons are too small to use easily while driving. The voice-recognition system also needs work, but it requires more steps than those in competing vehicles.

The MDX’s mechanical systems are terrific. The steering is direct, with clear on-center feel. The suspension combines agile handling with as comfortable a ride as you’ll find in any crossover. The V6 produces a bit less power than most competitors, but the MDX accelerates confidently and quietly. The transmission is quick and smooth.

The AWD MDX equals the segment’s best EPA fuel economy ratings. It scored 18 m.p.g. in the city, 27 on the highway and 21 in combined driving. That combined rating matches the X5, QX 60, and RXs with Lexus’ optional 8-speed transmission. It beat the combined fuel economy of all-wheel-drive versions of the SRX, LR4, MKX and ML350 by 2 to 5 m.p.g.

The MDX is 2 inches longer and 1.8 inches lower than its predecessor. Its exterior styling is smooth, lean and free of extraneous lines. The nose features five-beam LED headlights Acura hopes will become its visual signature.

Despite its awkward controls, the MDX should satisfy its owners, particularly those who only use its third-row seat occasionally.

Behind the Wheel:

2014 Acura MDX SH-AWD with Advance and Entertainment packages
Four-wheel drive seven-passenger luxury crossover SUV
Price as tested: $56,505 (excluding destination charge)
Rating: 3 (Out of four stars)
Reasons to buy: Passenger space; ride and handling; interior materials
Shortcomings: Controls; cargo space; small rear seat

Competitive EPA fuel economy ratings:

(Automatic transmission, 4WD models)
Acura MDX AWD: 18 m.p.g. city/27 highway/21 combined. Premium gasoline.
BMW X5 xDrive 3.5i: 18 m.p.g. city/27 highway/21 combined. Premium gasoline.
Cadillac SRX AWD: 16 m.p.g. city/23 highway/18 combined. Regular gasoline.
Infiniti QX 60 AWD: 19 m.p.g. city/25/ highway/21 combined. Premium gasoline.
Land Rover LR4: 14 m.p.g. city/19 highway/16 combined. Premium gasoline.
Lexus RX 350 F-sport AWD: 18 m.p.g. city/26 highway/ 21 combined. Regular gasoline.
Lincoln MKX AWD: 17 m.p.g. city/23 highway/19 combined. Regular gasoline.
Mercedes ML 350 4Matic: 17 m.p.g. city/22 highway/19 combined. Premium gasoline.
Source: www.fueleconomy.gov
(Automatic transmission, 4WD models)
Acura MDX AWD: $44,290
BMW X5 xDrive 3.5i: $55,100
Cadillac SRX Performance AWD: $50,995
Infiniti QX 60 AWD: $43,400
Land Rover LR4: $49,700
Lexus RX 350 F-sport AWD: $47,450
Lincoln MKX AWD: $40,525
Mercedes ML 350 4Matic: $50,290
Source: Edmunds.com
2014 Acura MDX AWD

Specifications as tested:

Engine: 3.5-liter 24-valve SOHC V6.
Power: 290 horsepower at 6,200 r.p.m.; 267 pound-feet of torque at 4,500 r.p.m.
Transmission: Six-speed automatic
EPA fuel economy rating: 18 m.p.g. city/27 highway/21 combined. Premium gasoline

Dimensions:

Wheelbase: 111 inches
Length: 193.6 inches
Width: 77.2 inches
Height: 66.7 inches
Curb weight: 4,332 lbs.
Where assembled: Lincoln, Ala.
Key features on vehicle tested:

Standard equipment: Antilock brakes; stability control; front seat side air bags; curtain air bags with rollover sensor; driver’s knee air bag; electronic brake distribution; dynamic braking; rearview camera; touch screen; three months’ XM satellite radio service; AM/FM/CD audio; HD radio; USB port; Bluetooth phone and audio compatible; 12-speaker ELS audio; voice recognition; navigation; text-messaging functionality; adaptive cruise control; lane keeping assist; power windows, locks and mirrors; memory for driver’s settings; heated front seats; push button start; power sun roof; power tail gate; 19-inch alloy wheels; LED headlights; heated side mirrors; GPS-linked three-zone automatic climate control; blind spot alert; LED puddle lights; rain sensing wipers; collision-mitigating braking system; perforated leather seat surfaces; remote start; parking sensors; 16.2-inch rear DVD screen; 115-volt outlet; heated second-row seats; rear door sunshades.

Options: None

Verifica seria VIN a masinii tale prin CARVERTICAL:

https://www.carvertical.com/ro/landing/v3?utm_source=aff&a=daimyo&b=0eb206ae

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal